The Portuguese Association of Nutrition, owner of the brand Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição, is responsible for the management of the information collected, ensuring that it is processed in accordance with the provisions of the national legislation in vigour and the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016
1. Company identification
The Portuguese Association of Nutrition has its head office at Rua João das Regras, 278 and 284 R/C3, 4000-291 Porto, Portugal and its Fiscal Number 501442413.
Telephone contact: +351 22 208 59 81
Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição is committed to respecting the legislation in vigour regarding the protection of personal data.
The users can access their data online or, if they wish, request access in writing, verify their correctness and, if necessary, rectify them. To do this, they should contact email@example.com.
Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição is also committed to adopting the necessary security procedures in order to guarantee the protection of the users’ personal data against any abusive use or unauthorised access.
Once registered, the users assumes the commitment to provide Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição accurate and complete information, including email address, and to notify Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição in case of any changes to the information provided.
Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição informs that all websites linked to this one are not regulated by this policy.
4. Collection of personal data and its purpose
The primordial objectives of the data collection are related to the management of the users’ register, management of the submission of scientific papers with focus on publication in Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição.
The personal data collected are: name, address, telephone contact, email address and ORCID registration number.
Sensitive information such as race, ethnic origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, political ideology and criminal record is not collected.
Access to certain areas of the website is only possible through user registration. Personal information and other information collected at the time of registration is intended exclusively for administrative and IT use.
The data collected will only be used if one of the following conditions is met:
– Provided consent by signing or accepting a digital or paper form;
– Need of the data provided for the management of the publication of scientific papers;
– Guarantee of the legitimate interests Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição, since the interests, rights, liberties and guarantees of the holder of the data are guaranteed.
5. Automatic information
The information contained in the registries includes the IP address (internet protocol), the ISP (internet service provider), the browser used to visit the website, the time of the visit and which pages were viewed.
6. Availability of data to other entities
The Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição may use other companies, platforms or individuals to manage information requests, carry out commercial activities or maintain the website. It may provide access to users’ personal data to other entities, ensuring:
– the purpose of the collection;
– the fulfilment of the purposes described in this policy
– the use of appropriate security measures.
The Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição may disclose users’ personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise permitted by law.
No information is made available to external entities for their own marketing purposes and no marketing operations are carried out for other companies.
All data sharing is done in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and other legislation in vigour.
7. Data warehousing
The data collected are stored in the datacenter that is located in the national territory and in datacenters of the European Union.
Personal information is kept for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. Data is deleted in accordance with the data retention policy, with the deadlines stipulated in the legislation in vigour or until the users exercise their right to be forgotten.
The Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição has implemented accepted standards of technology and security in order to protect the loss, misuse, alteration or destruction of personal information.
The security of the data is done considering the following:
– use of encryption with certificate in all website information;
– implementation of an internal security policy that covers the processes of access control, setup, storage, backup, support, transmission, auditing, updating of the technological infrastructure and authentication policy;
– training and commitment to confidentiality of employees and outsourced staff.
However, no transmission via email or internet is totally secure and error-free. The Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição advises users to keep the devices used to access the website always up to date and with protection systems.
9. Exercise of Rights
Whenever users consider it appropriate, they may exercise the following rights:
– Request access to the personal data collected and the ways in which they are processed;
– Perform the updating of personal data;
– Request a copy of the data;
– Withdraw consent for the collection of data;
– Request the deletion, portability or transformation of personal data into anonymous data (provided they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected);
All questions related with the use of personal data, requests for portability, access restrictions and forgetting data can be made via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If users are dissatisfied with the use of personal data or with the response of Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição, they have the right to lodge a complaint with the National Commission for Data Protection – CNPD.
Adress: Rua de São Bento, n.º 148, 3º, 1200-821 Lisboa.
Telephone: +351 213928400
Fax: +351 213976832
10. Policy Review
The Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição reserves the right to change this policy without prior notice, so we advise the consultation of this policy in each visit to the website.